I'm a lecturer (assistant professor) in philosophy at the university of western australia. I work mostly in the philosophy of language, the philosophy of mind, and metaphysics. I did my phd at the australian national university under the supervision of david chalmers (chair), frank jackson, daniel nolan, and jonathan schaffer. in my leisure time, I enjoy the thrill of cooking, baking, and gardening. I'm married to astghik mavisakalyan. we have two children.
material people in logical space. forthcoming in australasian journal of philosophy
being at the centre: self-location in thought and language in: about oneself: de se thought and communication. m. garcia-carpintero & s. torre (eds.), OUP.
indexical beliefs and communication: against stalnaker on self-location. philosophy and phenomenological research, 2015, vol. 90 (local file).
paradise postponed: future tense and religiosity (with astghik mavisakalyan and yashar tarverdi)
talking in the present, caring for the future: language and environment journal of comparative economics (with astghik mavisakalyan and yashar tarverdi).
6. centered communication. philosophical studies 2013, vol. 166 (local file).
7. epistemic two-dimensionalism and arguments from epistemic misclassification. australasian journal of philosophy 2013, vol. 91 (local file) (with edward elliott and kelvin mcqueen).
8. eternalism and propositional multitasking: in defence of the operator argument. synthese 2012, vol. 189 (local file).
9. semantic values, beliefs, and belief reports. proceedings of gap7 2012, ISBN 978-3-00-036440-2
10. review of robert stalnaker: our knowledge of the internal world. disputatio 2008, vol. 25.
self in mind: perspectives on self and self-representation. perth november 25 & 26, 2019.
the problem of the de se: perspectives from linguistics and philosophy. oslo march 9 & 10, 2017.
school of philosophy, university of western australia
35 stirling highway, 6009 crawley, australia
tel: +61 8 6488 3234; email: clas.weber @ uwa.edu.au